
This was taken from the peak of Angel's Landing. This picture gives you a perspective of just how high up we were!

Another picture from atop Angel's Landing!

The last 1/2 hour of the trail was literally bouldering up this steep rocky cliff. The forest service has installed a big link chain for you to hold onto so that you don't plummet to your death. If you look closely enough you can see people climbing up. We found out later that day that a rock climber fell 300 feet the day before and died in Zions.

A picture of me on Walter's Wiggles, it is a section of the trail that has several steep switch backs and it is named after a Man named Walter who helped build this part of the trail back in the 1920's. It is amazing to me that they were doing that kind of stuff in the 1920's

Here is a good shot of some of the wiggle switchbacks, it gives you a better perspective of just how steep they are.

Another picture of the awe inspiring scenery.

Assessing my blisters on the trail, at this point we were not even half way to the top! Yikes!

I know this picture may be graphic for some but here is proof of my quarter size blisters on my heels. No pain no gain!!




2 comments:
Wow! What a great hike. The scenery is beautiful and I am impressed with your physical stamina. The only thing I can add is that you need a pair of KEEN'S! No more blisters
Becky! That is awesome you guys made it to the top. I think I would have gotten frightened by the heights but you go girl!
That is a sign of tru love for Mark to give you his socks. That made me smile when i read it. :)
Post a Comment