8 years ago
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Angel's Landing or Bust!
I have been wanting to climb to Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park ever since I was a college student in Cedar City back in 1992 (I know I am getting old!) Well this past weekend my goal came to fruition! I arranged for a baby sitter and Mark and I headed for Zion's National Park Saturday morning. The trail head marker warns you that it is a strenuous hike with very steep switchbacks and drop offs and let me tell you they were not kidding!! I loved every minute of it! The only bad part of the day is when I realized half way into the hike that my hiking boots were starting to rub blisters on the heels of my feet. I mentioned it to Mark and we stopped to asses the damage. Mark decided to give me his thick wool hiking socks and he finished the rest of the hike with no socks. I told him that this was a sign of true love!!! Without his socks I would not have made it to the top. Despite the pain the hike was absolutely amazing and I would do it again in a heart beat. October and November are absolutely gorgeous months to be in Zion's National Park. We intend to go back in a couple of weeks to see the fall colors! Hiking to me is a lot like life the final destination is worth all the hardships but also you have to find joy in the journey along the way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment