8 years ago
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Labor Day Weekend Camp Out!
You know labor day should be a day you rest from your labors maybe even take a nap. This labor day I think I worked harder to get ready to go camping then I would have if I had done a 12 hour shift at a steel plant. Nevertheless we had a fun time once the last of the camping gear was packed and we were on the road. We decided to head up to Brian Head atop Cedar Canyon. Brian Head is a small ski resort town with beautiful scenery filled with Pines and Quaking Aspen trees. When I went to school my first year of college at SUU in Cedar City we use to ski every other weekend at Brian Head Ski Resort. The resort has now grown into a village with condos, rental shops and a great pizza joint. Mark's friend Sean Stucki owns a cabin and property in Brian Head and he invited us to go camp there for the weekend. It was great to escape the 100 degree heat and enjoy 70 degree temperatures for the weekend. This would be Brianna's first camping trip and first camp fire. She seemed to love the whole experience. She was not the best sleeper in the tent and seemed to wake up every 2 hours to check to make sure I was awake she would say "you ok mommy?" I would reply yes Anna I am ok now go to sleep and we would repeat the process 2 hours later. On our way home from Brian Head we stopped at the Cedar Breaks National Monument and looked out over the beautiful red rock spires. Despite lack of good sleep and a few mosquito bites we had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a really fun weekend. I'm sure the temperatures were great compared to the heat. I am definitely looking forward to the break in temperature and humidity here.
Post a Comment