Our Ward just had their Annual Ward Camp out this past weekend. It was up in the beautiful Pine Valley! I just love it up there! When we left Saint George the temperature was 101 degrees and when we got to Pine Valley it was 75 degrees. It had just rained there so the smell of pine was pungent in the air! I savored every minute of it. Last night there was a huge lightening storm and so it was a little scary for some of the kids but I have never seen lightening like that before in my life, it was amazing!! I wish I would have had a nice digital camera with me to take pictures. Many of the ward members were freezing to death because 75 degrees to them was very cold! We had a great dutch oven dinner and a talent show. All in all we had a great time!
Here is a picture of Mark enjoying some dutch oven cobbler and modeling a sweat shirt from the fall fashion line of Smoot Brothers Trucking!

Here is a shot of one of the mountains in the background and the gathering place where the meals were served to the ward!

This picture is a little blurry but there was this cool old historic lodge that we were camping next to and this is Brianna looking out one of the windows!

Brianna sitting my her mommy eating a cherry red snow cone that later was spread across the front of her coat!

Brianna sitting by her daddy still enjoying her cherry snow cone!
2 comments:
The camp out looks fun. We don't do them here, but for us we would need to go on one just to be able to reach 75 degrees. This has been a foggy summer, more than usual. San Francisco's summer really begins in September when the fog leaves and the sun returns.
We had a our ward summer party tonight. I don't think our ward would ever do a campout do you? Looks like you had a great time. We sure miss you guys. Are you coming for the fair? If so, please stop in to say hi!!!
P.S. You guys take some amazing pictures!
Post a Comment