Brianna has a pet fish named "Dorothy" and over the past 2 weeks Dorothy has been put through a lot of hardships. Dorothy is a Beta fish and they are prone to die very easily. Not our Dorothy!! Last week Brianna put a few spoonfuls of whipped cream in her bowl when I was not watching. The next day I expected Dorothy to be floating belly up but she lived to swim another day! This week Brianna decided to feed her club crackers and I thought o.k. this time she's a goner! She survived!! Well today it was me who tried to do in Dorothy. I was trying to clean her bowl and did not have a lot of time so I kept Dorothy in her bowl and tried to just pour out some of the scummy water, well as I was doing that Dorothy slipped out with some of the water and went down into our garbage disposal! I let out a shriek!! I quickly scrambled for my salad prongs and was able to clamp onto little Dorothy and get her back into her fish bowl. I have kept a close eye on Dorothy all day and she seems to be swimming around happily. Dorothy has been a great example to me of tenacity and endurance. So here's to Dorothy!!

Dorothy posing for the camera!!
3 comments:
haha..YAY DOROTHY!! Way to pull through! Hang in there girl! What a tough fish! You get in that bowl and you go GIRL!!
Go Dorothy, don't let those mean Udy women do you in! Now she'll die when you & Brianna come up for County Fair!
Oh my gosh. When did you get a beta fish? Allan and I had one for two and half years (the life expectancy). They don't die easily who told you that?! Ours survived many a dangerous situation and even made the journey out east with us in a plastic bag and survived two x-ray machines at the airport. I thought for sure fishey would get extra fins or something. That is so cool. I know a lot about beta fish if you have any questions. I am glad Dorothy has survived--betas are troopers. She probably survived because betas can breath both the oxygen in the air as well as the water. So cool. Dorothy takes after you-a fighter!
Post a Comment