Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer heat comes early to Saint George!

Well we are getting are first taste of the Summer heat this week. Temperatures hit 104 degrees yesterday. Brianna and I will be spending most of our summer days at the new Washington City Pool. I helped work the open house for the new recreation center and I have a feeling it is going to be a very popular spot for a lot of Saint George and Washington City residents. Mark has been training for some races and plans on running the Saint George Marathon this fall. He has been getting up at 4:30 a.m. in the morning 3 times a week to run with a group of guys he met at work. The temperatures in Saint George in the summer months can be 90 degrees even in the early morning hours. I hope I can survive!! Everyone tells me the first summer is the hardest! Our house in located right on the Virgin River and that seems to cool us down a little especially if there is a slight breeze. A group of girls from my Ward invited me to run a 5k race next month. The race takes place at 11:00 p.m at night at the Sunbrook Golf Course. I guess we run on the golf cart paved paths for 3 miles. I let you know if I survive it! I told Mark yesterday that Brianna and I may move to Montana for the summer months and meet back up with him this fall, he did not seem to like the idea too well!! The above picture is one Mark took of the Yellowstone River in Yellowstone National Park last summer. When it is 110 degrees here I am going to picture myself wading through that river!

2 comments:

South Shore Salutations said...

Just remember that Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco! We are always experiencing natural air conditioning! You guys are welcome any time.

Allan and Corinne Broadbent said...

All I have to say is sarongs, cotton dresses, skirts or any form of thin fabric. Believe me I know hot summers. We have very hot summers here with about 100% humidity and then half the buildings don't have AC! So I suggest you fall in love with some skirts and hats. Hats keep me cool as I am trekking around the heat of the city. Good luck!