Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cotton Days in Dixie!

This week is Washington City's annual Cotton Days celebration. This is their big event for the year. It started on Monday night with a movie in the park and fireworks. This Saturday we are going to the breakfast and parade. Mark may run in the 10k race. The grand marshals for the parade are Washington City Residents Coach Lavell Edwards and Cheryl Rogers Burnett (the daughter of the late Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.) I laughed when I read that because that seemed like such a funny combination but maybe Lavell is a big Roy Rogers Movie Fan!! This is a picture of Washington City Hall. Washington City is named after George Washington thus the large statue of George's head on the right!


This is an antique tractor show in the city park that me and Brianna went to. I still have a little farm girl in me!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun! The "small" town festivals are always the best!