This past week we decided to take the kids to story time at the new Washington County Library when we arrived we politely asked where story time was being held? The somewhat ornery librarian informed us that during the summer it is not held. By the look she gave us it was apparent she thought we were ignorant and uninformed. How very foolish of us to think that such an activity would be held during the summer when Moms are looking for things to occupy their children's minds besides T.V. Jill ever so gently suggested to her that summer would be a great time to implement story time. Jill's suggestion was met with a long awkward stare. Nevertheless we pressed on to the children's section of the library and Jill did her best to read a well animated story! In the movies they alway portray librarians as being mean onery ladies that shush people well this lady fit the role perfectly.
Anna and Preston listening intently as Jill reads!

The young geniuses reading their books well looking at the pictures anyway!

Preston and Anna playing with the story book puppets

Another picture of Anna and Preston and some other random child that refused to move.
2 comments:
Lol- I always love an onery librarian... what a bitty!
One of the schools that I worked at during college had this nutty librarian that would not let ANY children use the tables and chairs in the library. HELLO, this was an elementary school. There were NO adults to use the tables and chairs. So the kids had to sit on the floor and the tables and chairs were never used except by the one teacher at a time that was in there. I suppose they were used for faculty and PTA meetings, but I still think it was an insane policy.
Also I think it was appropriate that Anna picked the princess puppet!
Post a Comment