Saturday, July 26, 2008

24th of July Fun!

We had a fun 24th of July weekend! We first attended the Washington City Pioneer Parade. It was fun hometown parade not many expensive floats in this parade! Following the parade everyone walked over to the city park for the famous foot races. They start with 1 year olds and work up to 10 year olds. Brianna participated in the 2 year old girl competition. She had her Nike gear on and was all ready to go but right before the signal to go she got mad at Mark because he was holding on to her so she would not start too early. Because of the tantrum she got a late start but still finished strong! If she could have controlled that Udy temper of hers she may have placed higher. It was so funny to watch and once she got going she was smiling and thinking she was pretty neat. I have a video of the race and if I can figure out how to download it to my blog I will get it for all to see. Luke and Jill's boy Preston also raced in the 3 year old boy competition! After the races we went to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast. You may think I am a redneck but I love the cracker barrel! Later that night we went to the Washington City Ball Park to watch the fireworks. I was actually really impressed with the fireworks! Brianna got scared and ran into Jill's lap where she fell asleep 5 minutes into the fireworks! The temperature was over 100 degrees and I could not help but think about the early Pioneers who were sent to Saint George to grow cotton. We got into our air conditioned vehicles and drove to our air conditioned homes but they did not have that luxury. I am so appreciative of their faith and tenacity! They would be in awe of the beautiful and flourishing city of Saint George today! I am also thankful they planted many trees when they first entered the valley!

The two Udy families enjoying the Pioneer Day Parade!

Brianna seeking refuge from the sun during the parade!

Brianna wearing her new Nike shoes

Brianna modeling her new Nike shoes on the rock!

One more pose on the rock, Brianna is very much into necklaces right now and insisted on wearing the purple beads for the picture.

1 comment:

Mark and Cheree said...

Brianna is getting so big! She is adorable, I would love to see her race. We miss you guys!