8 years ago
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial Day has come and gone in a hurry. I missed being in Brigham to see my dad's grave site and all the beautiful flowers. I think about him a lot and especially this time of year. I love seeing the Hawaiian Lei that my Mom orders for his headstone. She always orders a bright red carnation lei from Kula, Hawaii, a place where my Dad served his mission and dearly loved. Here in Saint George we have had an active weekend. Mark's brother Luke and his family have been here all weekend looking for a home to buy or rent. They recently sold their home in Draper and will be moving to Saint George in a month. We are excited to have more family close to us. We are hoping they can find a home somewhat close to our neighborhood. We welcome any family and friends to come and visit any time! The above picture is the view outside my kitchen window as you can see our house is right next to the Virgin River so hopefully the 100 hundred year flood that hit in 2005 won't happen again until 2105 by then I'll be long gone!! (hopefully in heaven)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I think there is always something peaceful about being able to look out and see water. Maybe because I have always loved the water! I love swimming it makes you feel like you have no weight. The ocean, Lake Powell, even the BC pool as a kid though I have never loved COLD water to swim in. Water is always refreshing even if all you do is look at it.
We missed ya yesterday. The rain put a downer on things but we still had a great BBQ!
What a special tradition your mom has with ordering the lei from Hawaii. I am sure your dad appreciates that!
From the kitchen window in our new home you can see Utah Lake. I am excited for that.
I am still a big fan of Mark's pictures. Looooooove them!!!
Oh ya, my grandmother served her mission in Hawaii as well. What years was your dad there? I'll have to find out when my grandmother was there.
Post a Comment